COUNTRY: Costa Rica
ALTITUDE: 820 - 1400 Masl
CERTIFICATIONS: Rain Forest
GRADE: SHG EP
CUPPING NOTES: Brown sugar, caramel, slightly nutty and dark chocolate. Good body and balanced acidity.
Choose your preferred grind: Whole Bean, Drip, French Press or Espresso
The largest coffee farm in Costa Rica, Aquiares devotes 80% of its land to growing high quality coffee and the remaining 20% to conservation. Coffee plots are interlaced with over a dozen natural springs and almost 20 kilometers in streams, all protected with buffer zones in line with our Rainforest Alliance certification. These streams form a network of natural corridors through the farm that connect the large protected forests in the two river valleys, providing a healthy environment for the local animals, birds, and plants.
All the coffee is grown at a high altitude: from 820 to 1,400 meters (2,700 to 4,600 feet) above sea level. The terrain allows for varieties like Caturra to flourish in the rich volcanic soil, cool night temperature and high humidity.